Company Description

Tachibana Securities Co., Ltd. was founded in 1953 by Mr. Hisashi Ishii, a legendary market forecaster. It is a fully-licensed securities company (*), with 455 employees, and eight sales offices in the Metropolitan areas of Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya. It has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Tachibana Securities (HK) Ltd., in Hong Kong. Tachibana Securities is a privately-held company with over 70% owned by the founder's family and endowment. Japanese institutional shareholders include Mizuho Bank, MUFJ Trust, Sompo Japan, and Taiju Life. Our financial position is extremely sound. The regulatory capital adequacy ratio was 646.3%, among the highest in the industry, in March 2023, with 62,042 million yen in net assets.
Approximately 80% of our revenue comes from domestic individual investors, with the remaining 20% from domestic and overseas institutional investors.

(*) Tachibana Securities Co., Ltd. is regulated by the Financial Services Agency Japan as a Financial Instruments Business Operator. It is registered with the Kanto region Financial Bureau Chief (Financial Instruments) #110, the Japan Securities Dealers Association (JSDA), and the Financial Futures Association of Japan.

Corporate Profile

Company Name Tachibana Securities Co., Ltd.
Representative Director Chiharu Hirose, President
Founded 1 September, 1953
Capital 6,695 million yen
Annual Revenues 6,526 million yen
Net Assets(**) 62,042 million yen
Regulatory Capital Ratio 646.3%(as of June 2023)
Head Office 1-13-14 Nihonbashi-Kayabacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0025
Tel +81-(3)3669-4263
Number of Employees 455
Number of Offices Eight sales offices in Japan and a wholly-owned subsidiary in Hong Kong
Business Dealing in financial products
Registration Kanto region Financial Bureau Chief (Financial Products) #110
Association Memberships Japan Securities Dealers Association
The Financial Futures Association of Japan
Stock Exchange Memberships Tokyo Stock Exchange
Osaka Exchange
Nagoya Stock Exchange
Fukuoka Stock Exchange
Sapporo Securities Exchange
Tokyo Financial Exchange
Cboe (Chi-x)
Osaka Digital Exchange (ODX)

All financial data as of March 2023 unless stated otherwise
(**) Net Assets = Parent total equity + Provisions - Dividend reserve


Institutional Department

We focus primarily on providing information, advice and execution related to the Japanese stock markets (particularly on small to mid-cap shares). We do not trade bonds, or overseas equities. We are a team of 10 sales and trading professionals covering domestic institutions as well as selected international clients.

We issue English language reports (reports written by our own Research Dept. together with our own original reports) which we make available to clients. Our services include high-touch trading, company meeting arrangements, standing proxy, and settlements.

We do not engage in Corporate Finance and Underwriting.

DMA Sales Department

We provide DMA with algorithmic trade for domestic and overseas investors (LLC, LLP, Fund, etc). We provide a standing proxy service to shareholders, hold investors' financial assets for safekeeping and settle trades as a custodian. Our clients are mainly overseas investors and HFT (High-Frequency Trade) clients.

We are a team of 6 sales and 4 system engineer professionals handling executions of Japanese listed stocks trading and futures. We are a multi-functional department.

Research Department

Our Research Department includes market strategists and 10 sector analysts, with bias towards stocks that interest retail investors such as smaller cap shares and those related to fresh themes in the market. They write reports on over 300 companies a year, approximately 20% of which are not covered by any other broker.

Contact Us

Tokyo Head Office

Tachibana Securities Co. Ltd
1-13-14 NihonbashiKayabacho,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0025

Institutional Desk
Contact Person: Takahiko Yamazaki
Direct line: +81-(3)3666-4263

DMA Sales Desk
Contact Person: Satoshi Yamaguchi

Hong Kong Office

Tachibana Securities (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Unit 3703B, 37/F, 148 Electric Road,
North Point, Hong Kong

Contact Person: Keiya Matsuda
Direct line: +852-2537-0438